Sunday, October 4, 1992
Presented by Productions SuperMusique (PSM).
- In person
Double sens features female choreographers and composers hailing from various schools and trends, and ready to play in real time. Designed by Joane Hétu and Danielle Palardy Roger, this improvisation concept uses a standard deck of cards (1-10, jacks, queens, kings, and suits). According to the combinations of cards that are randomly drawn, the artists are invited to perform, do and undo in the course of snapshot events of varying lengths, shapes, colors and goals.
Here are the meanings of some of the cards: Hearts, full; Spades, limited; Diamonds, shifting; Clubs, quiet. Jacks, extra musician; Queens, extra dancers; King, everybody in; Jokers, play a randomly selected phrase.
- Fiona Drinnan, dance
- Katherine Duncanson, dance
- Francine Gagné, dance
- Danielle Lecourtois, dance
- Sarah Wiliams, dance
- Lori Freedman, bass clarinet
- Joane Hétu, alto saxophone, voice
- Zeena Parkins, electric harp, keyboards
- Danielle Palardy Roger, percussion, voice
- Maartje Ten Hoorn, violin, electronics
- Dodik Gédouin, card dealer